MBBS Courses Admissions Eligibility Syllabus
MBBS is the first professional degree in medical science and is the foundation for aspiring doctors. It is a five-and-a-half-year program that includes a one-year mandatory internship.
Admission to MBBS programs is based on performance in the relevant entrance exams. In most countries, including India, these exams are highly competitive. The main entrance exams for MBBS in India are the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) exam.
The basic eligibility criteria for MBBS are as follows:
- The student must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- The student must also have English as a subject at the Higher Secondary level.
- Students should also meet the age criteria specified by the exam conducting authority.
Note that the minimum qualifying marks may vary based on the student’s category (general, OBC, SC, ST, etc.).
The MBBS syllabus is vast and comprehensive, covering a wide range of topics in medical science. It is typically divided into Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical phases.
Pre-Clinical: Subjects include Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology.
Para-Clinical: Subjects include Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings, and others.
Clinical: Subjects include Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics), Clinical postings, and others.
Note that the specific curriculum might vary from one institution to another, but this is a general guideline of what the course involves.
Additionally, in the final year, a compulsory internship is conducted where students are rotated across various specialties. This provides practical exposure which is crucial for a medical student.
Remember, the course is demanding and requires a high level of dedication and hard work. But if you’re passionate about becoming a doctor, it’s a rewarding career path.
After completing the MBBS course, graduates are qualified as medical practitioners. They have several paths to consider for their future:
- Practice as a General Physician: After completing MBBS, you can practice as a general physician. You can also start your own clinic.
- Specialization (Postgraduate Medical Courses): If you wish to specialize in a particular field, you can pursue postgraduate medical courses like MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MS (Master of Surgery). Specializations can be in fields such as pediatrics, orthopedics, dermatology, ophthalmology, gynecology, psychiatry, surgery, and many more. For these, you will need to prepare for and qualify in another set of competitive exams, like NEET PG in India.
- Super-Specialization: After completing post-graduation, doctors can go for super-specialization in their area of interest. This could be a DM (Doctorate of Medicine) or MCh (Master of Chirurgiae) course. For instance, a postgraduate in medicine can do a DM in Cardiology, while a postgraduate in Surgery can do an MCh in Neuro Surgery or Cardio-thoracic & Vascular Surgery, and so on.
- Research: MBBS graduates can also opt for medical research in fields of interest. This often involves working in a university, hospital, or private firm, conducting research, and contributing to the scientific community.
- Public Health and Administration: You can also pursue a career in public health and hospital administration by studying courses like Masters in Public Health (MPH), Masters in Health Administration (MHA), etc.
- Medical Teaching: If you’re interested in teaching, you can become a professor in a medical college after gaining a certain level of experience and/or further study.
In conclusion, MBBS is a demanding course that opens up a wide range of opportunities. It forms the foundation for a rewarding career in healthcare, offering numerous paths that can make a significant impact on people’s lives.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Bangladesh vary from college to college, but some common requirements include:
- Age: The minimum age limit for MBBS admission in Bangladesh is 17 years as on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects and obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Entrance Exam: Many medical colleges in Bangladesh conduct entrance exams for admission to MBBS. Some colleges accept scores of standardized entrance exams such as NEET.
- English Proficiency: Students must possess good English language proficiency, as the medium of instruction in medical colleges in Bangladesh is English.
- Financial Ability: Students must have the financial ability to cover the cost of tuition, living expenses, and other associated costs of studying MBBS in Bangladesh.
It is important to check the specific eligibility criteria of the medical college you are interested in before applying. It is advisable to take guidance from authorized educational consultants like Fortune Education to ensure a smooth admission process.
List of medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Here is a list of some of the top medical colleges in Bangladesh:
- Army Medical College Bogura,
- Army Medical College Jashore,
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College,
- Diabetic Association Medical College,
- IBN SINA Medical College,
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College,
- Diabetic Association Medical College,
- Popular Medical College
Army Medical College, Bogura
Where Discipline Meets Excellence in Medical Education
Army Medical College, Bogura is not just an institution but a milestone in the medical education sector of Bangladesh. Situated in the culturally rich district of Bogura, this college integrates the precision and discipline of military values into the nurturing realm of medical education.
Premier Education: The institution offers a curriculum refined by experts, ensuring that students get a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical exposure.
Military Discipline: A unique trait of this college, preparing students not just as doctors but as disciplined leaders.
State-of-the-Art Facilities: The campus boasts advanced laboratories, libraries, and modern classrooms tailored for comprehensive medical learning.
Army Medical College, Jashore
Crafting the Medical Vanguard with Precision and Care
A center of excellence in Jashore, the Army Medical College shapes the leaders of tomorrow’s healthcare. As with its Bogura counterpart, the Jashore branch intertwines military discipline with medical prowess, setting a benchmark in medical education.
Rooted in Community: Jashore’s rich cultural tapestry is integral to the student experience, offering both local and global insights.
Practical Exposure: Hands-on training and real-world experiences, making students industry-ready upon graduation.
Collaborative Learning: Encouraging teamwork and leadership through group projects, seminars, and research.
Sylhet Women’s Medical College
Empowerment and Excellence in Medicine
Nestled in the scenic landscapes of Sylhet, this all-women medical college is a testament to the power of focused, gender-positive education. The college not only educates but uplifts, empowers, and inspires its students.
Dedicated Environment: A nurturing space that champions women, fostering collaboration and mutual support.
Modern Curriculum: Updated regularly to reflect global standards, ensuring students are at the pinnacle of medical knowledge.
Community Outreach: Regular camps and awareness drives, enhancing the practical skills of students while benefiting the community.
Diabetic Association Medical College
Pioneering the Fight Against Diabetes
With a pressing global need to tackle diabetes, the Diabetic Association Medical College stands as a beacon of hope. Rooted in innovative research and patient-centric care, the institution is at the forefront of endocrinology.
Specialized Curriculum: An in-depth focus on diabetes and metabolic diseases, offering unparalleled expertise.
Research Opportunities: Active involvement in groundbreaking studies, pushing the boundaries of diabetic care.
Community Integration: The institution emphasizes public awareness and early diagnosis, benefitting countless lives.
Islami Bank Medical College
Merging Faith with Medical Finesse
Islami Bank Medical College represents the harmony of medical excellence with Islamic values. The institution believes in not just producing doctors, but compassionate healers for society.
Value-Based Education: The curriculum integrates core Islamic principles, emphasizing ethics and compassion.
Modern Infrastructure: State-of-the-art facilities ensure students have access to the best resources.
Holistic Approach: A blend of spiritual, mental, and physical training crafts well-rounded professionals.
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
A Legacy of Service and Compassion
Affiliated with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College stands tall with its commitment to service. It’s a hub where medical knowledge meets humanitarian values.
Service-Oriented Training: Students are often involved in relief work, disaster management, and community care.
Experienced Faculty: Learn from some of the best minds, individuals who’ve dedicated their lives to medical service.
Global Network: Being part of the Red Crescent and Red Cross movement offers students unparalleled global exposure.
Popular Medical College
Transforming Medical Dreams into Reality
A name synonymous with medical excellence, Popular Medical College has consistently been a top choice for aspiring doctors. The institution embodies innovation, dedication, and unwavering commitment to healthcare.
Cutting-Edge Curriculum: Stay updated with the latest medical advancements, ensuring students are always ahead.
Collaborative Learning: The college promotes peer learning, workshops, and international seminars.
Research-Driven: With numerous publications and studies to its name, it’s a hub for medical research.
Foreign Students Admission at AMCB
It’ a great pleasure to inform that Foreign Students who meet criteria under the guidelines of the government of Bangladesh can get admission at Army Medical College Bogura (AMCB) in the upcoming academic year 2022-2023.
Desirous students may contact the following authorized only representative of Army Medical College Bogura to complete admission process getting attestation of concern departments, processing of eligibility certificates, visa guidance, documentation, airport pickup-college dropping etc services:
Head Office: 23/C, Zigatola, Dhaka-1209, Bangladesh